Veronicans, Soar High!!

This is the virtual hangout for Veronicans! CSA BiƱan AY 2008-2009, signing up is for veronicans... but Who's to say that teachers aren't allowed!! So teachers... feel free to join us as moderators in this forum.~Darkside1362, webmaster~

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Taran Paratupsus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 197
Location : In a tiny blue speck, floating upon the vastness of space.
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Taran Paratupsus   Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:31 pm

I had always thought that our race would have been better off in the old ages... I have always believed that long ago, we weren't capable of destroying ourselves... well... we weren't... how on earth will we destroy ourselves and our planet with sticks, stones, swords and shields? You can't destroy a planet using those... I'm beginning to regret ever helping them to create advanced technology... I've realized... looking around, that the biggest threat of our destruction... is not in the cosmos... rather, we can find it in a familiar place, at a familiar time, with a familiar face... It's us! Look where it's gotten us, we're on our path to destruction... our four sister planets once fought over one thing... and one thing only... this 'thing' is a planet... It's named Taran Paratupsus... It's a planet, orbiting around the gravitational center of our four planets... Three thousand years ago, it was a lush world, filled with natural resources, but most of all, it was inhabitable... Not long afterward, our four planets began a war... a war that will echo down the halls of eternity as our race's gravest mistake... The four planets bombarded Taran Paratupsus using increasingly stronger weapons... This shifted the orbit of Taran Paratupsus so slightly as the width of a hair... but given the conditions of our unique system, Paratupsus fell into gravitational equilibrium with all four planets... All four planets were in a cosmic tug of war with Paratupsus... The leaders of all four planets realized with great dismay and fear what they had done... It holds true my statement that war challenges our race's and any other race's existence... This event brought all the planets together even closer than before... For it is true that only when destruction is imminent will our race change... All their greatest minds were brought together, deliberating for millenia on the effects of this battle... Then, three years ago, their calculations came to a dramatic, horror-struck and terrifying end... They found that soon, Paratupsus will split... giving way to hundreds of thousands of asteroids... We knew it was coming to us... This wasn't the sad part about it... the sad part was that our greed would be the cause of our downfall... A week ago, Taran Paratupsus finally split... The asteroids searing the skies above... Today... today is the first day that these asteroids will hit our planet... Today marks the beginning of the end... Did I fail in my obligation today? no... I did not... but my heart is burdened with guilt... even if we live for millenia... not even that can erase the scars of this mistake... I am guilty... but if this is to be our end... so be it... I will die with open arms, a smile upon my face... for the plague that our race has cast upon the cosmos shall finally be erased... this is where our kind shall end... this is where kinsmen will be killed... this is where humankind, the plague of the universe, after finding a new home... will be eradicated forever... Killed by their own selfish desire... I give myself up... I say goodbye to all whom I hold dear... This is the beginning of the end... this is the beginning of a new journey, outside the boundaries of space and time... the journey to seek... to seek our creator... to seek His forgiveness... to seek his eternal judgement... and so, it is true... if you seek, you shall find...
Back to top Go down
http://veronicans.aforumfree.com
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taran Paratupsus   Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:29 pm

Still, even if I had accepted my fate... There was a part of me, wishing against all odds... that we be saved... the rain of asteroids intensified... and I saw one... heading right for me... Time slowed down... My lips formed words but no voice was heard... I said... Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be a world without end, Amen... I opened my arms, welcoming the embrace of the coming doom... I opened my arms, ready to accept that which is to happen... Then I saw myself in an infinite expanse of white... In front of me, hovered a black candle, engraved with runes... cherubs, flower-like patterns... then I saw... a rider on a pale green horse, wielding a sword... behind him, fire fell from the skies... men, women and children, withered before the rider as he came... I heard a voice... Take the candle... it said... Take it, light it... and use it to undo this disaster... you may use it only three times... choose wisely... and then everything faded...
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taran Paratupsus   Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:39 pm

I awoke... much to my surprise... staring at a burning rock, just inches from my face... I stared at it... wondering... Am I dead? or am I alive... I looked around me and saw... a dream... a majestic scene... time had stopped... I felt myself as though I was in a painting... I saw the water world through our ruined atmosphere... I saw the world of mountains upon mountains of ice... I saw the world that was constantly burning because of volcanoes... and I saw... the shattered remnant of Taran Paratupsus, floating in the distance... glowing dimly... glowing like a live coal... I looked around once more, astounded at the fact that time had stopped moving... and I remembered... my name was Dominii, I was a chronicler, a recorder of fate... as I dwelt upon my memories, I saw in my hands a black candle... I wondered... why am I holding a candle? There were no more candles in existence... everyone used something else... an electric torch was it? it was unclear to me... I looked around once more... nothing was moving, except for the flames licking upon the rock in front of me... I was fascinated by the candle... I took it and lit it... then, my thoughts flitted unbidden to the beginning of the war... then the whole world vanished in a flash of candle light... Everything was bright... then I heard in the background... a chant... more of a rhyme... it said... "How many miles is it to Babylon? Threescore miles and ten... Can I get there by candle-light? Yes and back again... If your heels are nimble and your step is light... indeed you can get there by candle-light..." I opened my eyes... I was stunned by the sudden flash of light...
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taran Paratupsus   Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:08 pm

I saw myself in an open pavilion... children running around and mothers chasing them... I realized that this was the scene depicted on a photograph that was taken three thousand years ago, before the war... I saw in the distance, a spacecraft, with the ensign of Agnus, the planet of water... The crowd surged towards the craft... I wondered... why? then it came to me, perhaps I did travel back in time... but how can this be? No machine to travel through time was made three thousand years ago... The last functioning one was back home, in earth and by now, it should have been converted into strange matter... They should never have turned on the Large Hadron Collider I can't help but wonder what happened to the people who were left behind when our mass exodus began... cheering and applause brought me back to the present... It seemed as though the vessel was a trading ship... Money had no place in the new human society... Livestock and and agricultural products was the currency in this society... People flocked to the ship, buying that which they can... I wondered once again... was life always like this? was it so hectic and chaotic in times long gone? People here used money... Hmm... maybe I should get some, since no bank notes survived the war... maybe it will gain me a fortune... It was already noon when the crowd dispersed... I was about to leave when I heard someone say... "And what may I do for you good sir? It seems as though you are lost..." oh, nothing, nothing, I was just on my way home... I replied... I turned my back on him and headed in the opposite direction... I had the strangest feeling that I was being watched...
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taran Paratupsus   Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:34 pm

I looked around... I was searching for someone who was going to help me... I frantically looked around, searching for someone who would be willing... I felt someone tap my shoulder... I looked behind me, and there was a woman, not so young, not so old... I would say, she was about my age as well... She wasn't that beautiful, but something seemed to be in those eyes of hers that called to me... I said, and what may I help you with? she answered me by, are you sure I'm the one who needs help? I believe it's you who needs help... am I right? Yes, yes indeed, I'm lost, can you help me? Of course, now, where do you need to go? This woman's a daredevil... I thought... I need to get to the council of the four planets... can you get me there? I said... Of course I will help you get there the woman curtly replied... just who are you anyway? where are you from? and by the way, I have neither money nor transport, so we'll have to walk across the countryside... I'm Dominii a chronicler... I said... What's a chronicler? asked the woman... by the way, my name is Freydja... she said... I replied, A chronicler is a recorder of history... as for where I'm from I'd rather not say, you wouldn't believe me anyway... I said... Oh ok, was all she said in response... Why don't we get going... I asked her... well, ok let's go... she said, she led the way, and I noticed just at that moment that the sun was setting, she looked back, I saw her eyes, I saw that spark that was so familiar to me... I felt something stir inside me... Perhaps it was worth coming here... Perhaps it was worth it indeed...

Last edited by Darkside1362 on Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: Taran Paratupsus   Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:25 am

And there we were, walking toward the horizon... The setting sun, casting light upon our footfalls... It was not long before it began to become dark... We found a grove and set up our camp there, it was a beautiful night, the full moons, glittering in the distance... We heard a soft howl, one that was heard from a great distance away... Our campfire wavered in the slight breeze... Beside us was a small pool of water fed by an underwater stream... the gushing of the water made the night peaceful... The breeze sent ripples across the pool's placid surface... Neither one of us uttered a single word... I heard her gasp in amazement as the sky burst into a flurry of sparkles... It was beautiful... The light of the fire playing upon the countryside... The bio luminescent moths played around us... I looked at her under the moonlight... She wasn't that beautiful... but her eyes held something... Something which somehow attracted me... There was a sense of experience, calm, serenity, maturity and wisdom in those eyes... Simply looking into them, I felt secure... I felt that even if the world collapsed around me, that I would be safe... However, the longer I looked into them, I saw a strange underlying sadness... I dismissed it... and that was when it happened... I heard a chuckle in the wind, I got up and looked around... Freydja asked softly... what is it? I replied... well... I don't know...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taran Paratupsus   

Back to top Go down

Taran Paratupsus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Veronicans, Soar High!! :: Roleplay Board :: Fanfiction-
Jump to: