Veronicans, Soar High!!

This is the virtual hangout for Veronicans! CSA BiƱan AY 2008-2009, signing up is for veronicans... but Who's to say that teachers aren't allowed!! So teachers... feel free to join us as moderators in this forum.~Darkside1362, webmaster~

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

WoS: Chapter 5

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 197
Location : In a tiny blue speck, floating upon the vastness of space.
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: WoS: Chapter 5   Thu May 14, 2009 5:54 pm

Malkuthe ignored Jade's continued rant about flirting and the war. All he cared about right now was Saffyre. Then he saw Erithe landing beside Jade. Surprised, Malkuthe asked her where she was from. She told him that she just went to get some air. Malkuthe knew that she was lying, but decided against insisting that she tell the truth.

Just then a dark gray dragon landed not far from them. He hurried toward Erithe. "Erithe, who is this?" Malkuthe asked. "I'm Solen, I was the one who asked you to cast the Malgeresanctorem, I believe you only heard my voice back then." The other replied before Erithe was able to open her mouth to speak.

Well, this seems a bit awkward, said Malkuthe, standing up. Saffyre followed his action. Jade let out a sigh of relief, but everyone ignored her. "Why are you here?" Asked Malkuthe politely. "honestly... I haven't the faintest idea why I'm here... my instinct led me to you..." replied Solen. "This may be more than just coincidence..." said Malkuthe.

Saffyre looked to the skies and said...

Oh, great ancestors... help us...

http://veronicans.aforumfree.com
miseryinlove_tayis

Female
Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-10-31

PostSubject: Re: WoS: Chapter 5   Thu May 14, 2009 7:49 pm

Everybody was suprised when Solen came. "Ertihe!" called out Solen. "You're crystal, you left it there." he continued. Jade, Malkuthe and Saffyre did not what Solen was talking about. Erithe pulled Solen's paw and whispered "I told you keep it. They don't know anything about that. I left alone remember? It was a secret."Erithe siad furiously. "Oh. I... did not know. I'm sorry. I'll just explain to them." said Solen. "Solen wait." she said. "I.."but just before Erithe finished what she was going to say.. Malkuthe came to them. "What's going on?", he asked.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovinyouforever.multiply.com
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: WoS: Chapter 5   Thu May 14, 2009 7:58 pm

He raised his eyebrow at the two who were staring at each other, as if looking for a perfect excuse. "Uhh... umm... ehh..." said Solen, particulary dazed at the question. "I got it from an old dragon and gave it to Solen, let's leave it at that." Erithe said. "Ok...?" said Malkuthe looking at the two skeptically.

"Well, we have a war, what are you waiting for? The Dark Lord to come and surrender?" said Jade sarcastically, yet again, everyone ignored her.

Just then, the earth rumbled, and from the blazing depths of the volcano, a figure in the shape of a large bird exploded out of the smoldering caldera. In flames it was cloaked. Its cry was shrill, anything that came close was burnt to a crisp.

"Well... It seems this is our first battle..." said Malkuthe grimly.

miseryinlove_tayis

Female

PostSubject: Re: WoS: Chapter 5   Thu May 14, 2009 8:13 pm

All of the tribes were nervous. They do not know what to do. It was flying toward the chieftains and Solen. "I'll take it from here, go to your tribes and calm them down." Solen said. Jade and Saffyre left. "Are you sure? You mght get hurt." Erithe asked him. "I'm gonna be fine." replied Solen. "I'm gonna stay with you Solen. Erithe, go now. calm down your tribe including mine too. leave immediately!" Malkuthe said. Erithe wished them luck. Erithe gathered all the tribes and talked to Jade and Saffyre. They told their tribes to be silent for a while and ask for guidance, strength and courage from Kaldreiia and the other great ancestors for Solen and Saffyre.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: WoS: Chapter 5   Thu May 14, 2009 8:20 pm

As the blazing beast sped toward them, Malkuthe summoned the laudethe, bolstering his magic tenfold. He roared and with it came a plume of fire that erupted into the skies. The beast tucked its wings in and spiraled towards the chieftains. Jade was enraged, the pebbles around her were rising into the air as the air around her was being saturated with heavy magic. Saffyre began to glow and unleashed a roar of fury unparalleled by even Malkuthe's.

Erithe and Solen roared in unison, the light around them turning into darkness and back. The beast unfurled its wings a few feet from the chieftains. It said in a booming voice

The master has sent his regards for your pathetic magic. He says that if you surrender now, your ends will be swift and painless.

Malkuthe roared "We will never surrender! Tell the Dark Lord that he can destroy us himself if he wanted to, but we will never give up!"

The Dark Lord? Ha! He is but a pawn in the Master's game, you have until tomorrow, else, you meet your doom! hahahahaha!!

replied the beast in a mocking voice. It then disappeared in a flurry of flames.

Last edited by Malkuthe Highwind on Sun May 24, 2009 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
miseryinlove_tayis

Female

PostSubject: Re: WoS: Chapter 5   Fri May 15, 2009 11:36 am

Everyone was confused. They did not know what beast was talking about. "The Dark Lord is just a pawn in the Master's game?What?" asked Erithe. "I don't understand" added Jade and Saffyre. Solen and Malkuthe were quiet, too quiet. They were thinking about something. They were analyzing what the beast said. Confusion was spreading all around Alriiea. "I know what he means." a mysterious voice said. "Another mysterious guest? I've had enough!" said Jade.
Back to top Go down
willtofly258

Male
Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-03-06

PostSubject: Re: WoS: Chapter 5   Fri May 15, 2009 5:14 pm

Meanwhile, as the villagers welcomed their chieftain back to their tribe, Seraph was already worried. Meanwhile his companion was treated like royalty. Seraph returned to the palace to discuss with the council to decide what to do next. " What do we do now? My search has gotten me nowhere. I decided to come back to rethink the best choice of action. So now, council, what shall we do?" One member of the council responded " Ever since you left the tribe to help defeat the Dark One, the whole tribe has been afraid. The best choice Sir is to help the tribe first. Let them recover from their fear. After that we shall take action on about the Dark One." Everyone replied " Agreed!" So Seraph stayed with his tribe until the time is right but he felt like he made the wrong choice. So Seraph left again in secret to help the other chieftains in defeating the Dark One.

Last edited by willtofly258 on Fri May 15, 2009 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.willtofly258.dragonadopters.com/
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: WoS: Chapter 5   Fri May 15, 2009 5:32 pm

Still deep in thought, Malkuthe didn't notice the stranger. Beside him he saw Solen, keeping in silent vigil as well. They didn't need to say it but they just looked at each other, knowing that the other had the exact same conclusion.

There are forces far more sinister at work here... Forces far more powerful...

The silence of revelation extended as the daylight turned to late afternoon. The two were still entranced, dwelling upon the words let go by the beast. That was until Jade scorched Malkuthe's aleron by breathing a tiny plume of flame. It was short of painful, but it was enough to draw the blue's attention.

"Hello? You've been dumbstruck at that same spot for hours. If there's a battle tomorrow, shouldn't we be training?" said Jade, trying hard as she could to mask her annoyance. "We've chosen partners for dueling, you're with Saffyre" she continued with an evident smirk.

Malkuthe was caught unawares when a ball of compressed air threw him backwards. Looking to the direction it came from, he saw a laughing Saffyre. Aiming for a playful retribution, Malkuthe blasted a plume of low intensity flame right in Saffyre's face. Luckily, Ceree fur was fireproof. Saffyre coughed up a puff of black soot.

Saffyre charged at Malkuthe with full force, Malkuthe stood defiantly, ready to repel the attack. Saffyre surprised him by lunging and playfully biting his tail. Malkuthe let loose a roar of pain mixed with frustration.

Whatever happens next, you had it coming to you...

retorted Saffyre to Malkuthe's roar.

willtofly258

Male

PostSubject: Re: WoS: Chapter 5   Fri May 15, 2009 6:35 pm

As Seraph decided to leave his tribe to help the other chieftains, he reached the place wher the chieftains were. Suprisingly, he saw them figthing. He saw a familiar face near them, standing idly. He asked him "Tell me, what is going on? Why are they fighting?" Solen then replied " They are training. They are preparing for the battle tomorrow. Strangely enough, a beast has said that the Dark One was only a pawn in the Master's game." Suprised Seraph said " Does that mean there's an enemy more powerful than the Dark One!?" "Quite posssibly." replied Solen. While they were talking, Malkuthe noticed another dragon talking with Solen. He approached Seraph and asked him" Who are you? What are you doing here?" " I am Seraph, chieftain of the Sacred Wings tribe. I have hidden my tribe to protect my people from danger. I come now to help you for the sake of Alriiea, for the sake of Sylfe." " Very well then, we appreciate you helping us. Tomorrow, we have a battle. Are you ready for battle?" " I'm ready." said Seraph. After that, they prepared for battle.

Last edited by willtofly258 on Fri May 15, 2009 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: WoS: Chapter 5   Fri May 15, 2009 6:50 pm

The new arrival was quite bemused at the display of affectionate aggression that he and Saffyre had been doing. Saffyre bit him on the tail again, "It's getting serious" thought Malkuthe, who attempted to bite back. At that moment, Saffyre leaped high into the air and did something that caught Malkuthe off guard once again.

As she rose into the air, she released a plume of golden flame. The plume surrounded her for the moment it was created. The tongues of flame lapping away happily at her wing's feathers. As she descended, she fanned her wings out and tucked them in, making her spin downward. The flame wrapped around her, forming a majestic spectacle.

The blurred clashing of bodies that was Erithe and Jade stopped for a moment, staring in awe at the beautiful sight. Malkuthe snapped out of the trance just in time to dodge the falling Saffyre who fanned her wings at the last moment. The golden flame scorched the ground where Malkuthe was standing only moments ago.

"Pshaw, show off..." Malkuthe commented. For her color was violet, Saffyre could change the color and manner of appearance of any flames that she would use. Malkuthe, however, was stuck with blue flames. Malkuthe charged at Saffyre, body and tail in perfect alignment. He blew a plume of fire that streamed behind him and made him look like a comet rocketing toward Saffyre. The confident female, knew she could dispel the flame if she wanted to. Malkuthe, however, knew far better. As he neared Saffyre, he let the flame dissipate, but rather lashed out with a different attack. He took all the moisture in the air around Saffyre and turned it into ice, the moment she realized what he was planning.

panting heavily and with his adversary stuck in ice, Malkuthe roared triumphantly. The triumphant tone was quickly replaced by a pained one as Malkuthe felt his tail get scorched. He flicked his ears in annoyance as he turned around and faced the female with a growl. The angered expression was replaced by a soft one when he said...

oww...

willtofly258

Male

PostSubject: Re: WoS: Chapter 5   Fri May 15, 2009 7:33 pm

As Seraph saw Malkuthe and Saffyre fight, he couldn't help think that he has seen Solen before. He suddenly remembered as he flew over Malleithen, he saw a black dragon that looked like Solen, but Solen had a lighter color. He then asked " Have I seen you before?" Solen replied " Maybe, but I have seen you. I saw you fly over Malleithen." " So you are that black dragon. Yet you have a lighter color. tell me, why were you at Malleithen?" " I am the guardian of Malleithen. I know the secrets of Malleithen, like about the Gelendrian Bloom. I think it might be useful information for you." " It will be useless. I have seen the Gelendrian Bloom be destroyed." " There is one more power that is as powerful as the Gelendrian Bloom. It is the...." Their conversation was cut short when they saw the awe of Malkuthe and Saffyre's attacks. He was about to ask what that power is but Solen mysteriously disappeared. " Where could he have gone off to?" said Seraph. Just then a voice inside his head began to say

If power to destroy it is ye seek,
Find first the three pillars and be meek,
If power to create it is your goal,
be ready for a forceful exaction of toll,
But if power to protect says your soul
then perhaps, you will reach your goal.

Seraph knew that this saying would be useful in defeating the enemy.

Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: WoS: Chapter 5   Sat May 16, 2009 8:20 am

Exhausted from battle and unwilling to leave their spots, the chieftains settled in on the field that they were in. Malkuthe noticed that Solen was missing. Jade went off to her forest and brought back a pile of wood, which Saffyre promptly set on fire. Still puzzled at Solen's sudden disappearance, Malkuthe decided to ask them "Where's Solen?" "He was here a while ago, but then he vanished into thin air." came the reply from Seraph.

The group waited around the campfire, expecting to see Solen arrive soon. Midnight came and still no sign of him. Then, in an event far from describable by mere words. Solen reappeared in a conflagration of black liquid fire that send droplets all over the ground. With him he carried an ancient tome, perhaps far more ancient that the Ceree themselves.

miseryinlove_tayis

Female

PostSubject: Re: WoS: Chapter 5   Sat May 16, 2009 12:54 pm

"What is that Solen?" asked Erithe. "It is an ancient book. It contains all the secrets not only of Alriiea it also includes the secrets of Sylfe." replied Solen. "Where did you find that book?" asked Jade. "That is not of importance to you."replied Solen."I have decided to give this to you chieftains because the battle is nearing and I know that you need to save Alriiea and its tribes. Everything about how to defeat the Dark One is there. It is not easy though, some sacrifices are needed to be done."continued Solen.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: WoS: Chapter 5   Sat May 16, 2009 12:59 pm

Opening the book, the first page that Malkuthe set sights on had three concentric circles and 13 lines going from one side to another, passing through the middle of the circles. On the first band formed by the circles were symbols. On the second band lay letters and numbers.

Malkuthe sifted through the book, but saw nothing of importance. All that the book held was the history of Sylfe. One thing caught his attention though, an inscription of symbols on the margin of one page. He flipped to the first page and began to decode the message hidden.

miseryinlove_tayis

Female

PostSubject: Re: WoS: Chapter 5   Sat May 16, 2009 1:16 pm

As Malkuthe was cracking the code, Erithe cannot help but wonder why did Solen did not want us to know where he found the book. Erithe approached Solen who was sitting by the fire alone. "Hey. Solen.. Uhmm.. May I ask where did you found the book? It keeps on bothering me." said Erithe. Solen did not say one word. "I'm sorry. I was just curious its fine with me if you don't want to tell."said Erithe. "I must go now. Better check if Malkuthe cracked the code already."she added. "Wait."said Solen as he grabbed her paw. "My parents gave them to me when I was young. They said that book could change Sylfe. I did not know what to do with it. I decided to give it to you guys." he said. "Oh. Well, maybe you are destined to help us." she said with a smile. "I must go now. Thanks for telling me." she added. Solen grabbed her paw "Please do not tell them." he said. Erithe just nodded. Solen smiled at her then she left.
Back to top Go down
Malkuthe Highwind
Admin
Admin

Male

PostSubject: Re: WoS: Chapter 5   Sat May 16, 2009 1:29 pm

Malkuthe had finally deciphered every symbol, but then came upon another stumbling block. The letters were jumbled, impossible to read. Malkuthe arranged them aligning each end perfectly.

Wkhsr zhubh vhhn
Krogv dzhvr phjud fhdqg pdmhv wlh
Lwfdq qrwid oolqw rwkhk dqgvr ihylo
Qrwrq obfdq lwghv wurbw khzru og
Nlqvp hqdol nhvkd ooehj rqhir uhyhu

Doozl ooeho rvwzl wkwkh frplq jriwk hdjh
Qrwkl qjvkd oovxu ylyhw khfrp lqjud jlqjd qjhuv l
Ghdwk vkdoo uhljq vxsuh phlqe dwwoh bhvkd oohqj djhwk hgdun rqhvs odcd

Wkheh jlqql qjkro gvwkh nhb
Krogl qjwkh dqvzh ulvwk hhqg
Lzloo krogq rwklq j
Qrwkl qjghd uwrph
Nodnn uddql jkwpd uhwre h

Even Solen could not understand it. Jade, Saffyre and Erithe pored over it and nothing came to them. Seraph took a look, nothing was visible.
A last hint was on the same page. It said

and...th..mo..t..Left three..so...i...n..u...zl..e

miseryinlove_tayis

Female

PostSubject: Re: WoS: Chapter 5   Sat May 16, 2009 2:23 pm

Everyone was onfused and did not know what the code meant. They did not know what it was saying. "<sighs> This is too hard. My brain is drained. I am sure this is helpful to us but how can it help when we cannot crack it?" said Erithe. "We can do this. Don't lose hope, Erithe." said Solen as he pats Erithe's shoulder. "Thanks, Solen" she replied. They just smiled at one another. They're eyes locked then "Okay you two. enough with that we've got a code to crack in our hands." said Jade. They ignored her. She told Malkuthe what was happening eith Soeln and Erithe but she was ignored again. He too was staring at someone. His and Saffyre's eyes locked. For a moment, the four felt relaxed while looking into each other's eyes. "I'll crack the code myself!" said Jade.
Back to top Go down
Dinengdeng22
Normal User
Normal User

Female
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: WoS: Chapter 5   Sat May 16, 2009 3:21 pm

"oh jade., stop wasting time trying to crack that code.. Its just junk., Solen never even told us where he got that.. so this myt just b garbage he got.. Besides., why trust this guy?.. he myt just b a trap da dark one sent.. These days., u guyz shud b careful of whom to give ur trust to.."

Erithe got mad at her and said "Solen aint no trap!!! He got that book from.."
"erithe"., Solen cutted her off

"from?.. whatever.." She smiled then added.,

"Who knows?.. mayb one of us chiefteins........"

She stopped..

"what?.. one of us cheifteins what?.." asked jade..

"nevermind.." said Saffyre..

Then Solen spoke., "if u dont trust me Saffyre., then go!.. who needs you anyway?!.."

"yah., who needs me anyway?.. Im just warning you guyz.. its up to you on who u guyz will beleive to.. me., a long time friend of urs since childhood., or someone u guyz just met in the midst of this war"

Makulthe just listened., he didnt say a word"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WoS: Chapter 5   

Back to top Go down

WoS: Chapter 5
Page 1 of 1